Chevrolet CAPTIVA 2013 electrical system. Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. The six cylinder engine has very little power, so going up grades or even driving into wind make the engine work much harder than it should. The approximate failure mileage was 70,000. The vehicle was not occupied during the fire and no injuries were sustained. reported problems, complaints, recalls for various manufacturers. We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads. We don't sell/share your email. The worst complaints are engine, accessories - interior, and AC / heater problems. All of this occurs regardless if I'm moving or parked. For more information on how we collect and use this information, please review our Privacy Policy. are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, All rights reserved. This database includes information received by NHTSA from consumers either directly or as recorded by the Vehicle Safety Hotline. The contact stated that the key was unable to eject from the ignition switch.

How can I be sure that since my Captiva is exclusively sold to fleet consumers that my vehicle is not being overlooked on this ignition switch recall program since it is almost identical to the Pontiac G5 and Chevy cobalt ignition switch? Below is a list of complaints & problems filed against the 2013 CHEVROLET CAPTIVA.These problems includes information received by NHTSA from consumers either directly or as recorded by the Vehicle Safety Hotline.

California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. The 2013 Chevrolet Captiva has 44 NHTSA complaints for the engine at 81,908 miles average. We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads.

Visor would not fully return to stowed position. The contact owns a 2013 chevrolet captiva. This is a defect also. The manufacturer was notified.

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Captiva. In addition, the ignition key remained stuck in the vehicle during the failure. Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the. Chevy forums indicate this has been a know issue since 2012, but dealerships will only assist while car is still in original purchase warranty period. 6/2/19 - after leaving vehicle battery disconnected overnight, reconnected and driver visor immediately got warm to touch - car not even cranked, just sitting in the shady driveway with the battery connected. This database includes information received by NHTSA from consumers either directly or as recorded by the Vehicle Safety Hotline. Example: "Bad Brakes", "Toyota Recall", etc. June 1, 2019, entering vehicle after dinner out, interior lights were flickering; driving at highway speed at night with ac & cruise control on there was a sudden noxious odor irritating to eyes, nose, and throat (2 people ill); headlights flickering; opened windows to ventilate; made it home (~12 miles); all lights - exterior and interior - still flickering upon arrival home; still a strong noxious odor - stronger on interior driver side of vehicle; internet search of symptoms indicated driver visor might be extremely hot - went out to check and it was very hot - even after sitting while we did internet search; further internet search indicates many Chevy Captiva owners complaining of similar problems; forums indicate known battery cables voltage drop issue leading to expensive repairs (~$1000) not covered under recall, so we disconnected battery overnight until we could check things in the daylight. "CarComplaints.com" ®, "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" Comment.

The contact was concerned that the failure was due to an electrical fault. These issues include safety recalls for your Chevrolet CAPTIVA 2013 electrical system and complaints other owners have filed.

Since that time there have been several times when I had to call aaa to come out as the car would not start....each time that cleaned and greased the terminals. Also just like the others, I've had issues with my radio and lightening in the inside. The dealer was not notified. Bump the Captiva problem graphs up another notch.

The check engine light comes on then turns off. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing.

Click to upload image, or drag & drop. On several occasions, the vehicle failed to start. The contact stated that the failures were intermittent. 26 miles) the warning lights on the dash light up and it indicates service traction control.

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the. The brake light and the park assist light illuminated without warning.

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Captiva. 26 miles) the warning lights on the dash light up and it indicates service traction control. It happened at the dealership when they asked me to pick it up after finding no issues. Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. I called GM but they can�T seem to give me a straight answer and want to charge me for something that they didn�T built correctly. Unsubscribe any time. Check out our Chevrolet Captiva overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Captiva. Mechanic had hard time starting the vehicle. This information may be … 2013 Chevrolet Captiva Electrical System Consumer Complaints Complaint Number: 11204919 Incident Date: April 27, 2019 Date Added to File: May 1, 2019 Description of the Complaint: The contact owns a 2013 chevrolet captivia. I read many, many complaints about this issue and just want it fixed, however my car is out of warranty @ a little over 70000 miles on it. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem. Curious how the 2013 Captiva compares to other years? On Sunday...while waiting for aaa I checked and it started up again all on its own.

He had difficult time. If you are interested in advertising a for-profit service, contact us. Ridiculous. It happened at the dealership when they asked me to pick it up after finding no issues.

BMW i3 Range Extender Lawsuit Certified in California, read stories from drivers who praise our work. I also want to know if there is a recall on the air bag problem? reported problems, complaints, recalls for various manufacturers. This database includes information received by NHTSA from consumers either directly or as recorded by the Vehicle Safety Hotline.

Problems with a Captiva? If you are interested in advertising a for-profit service, contact us. "CarComplaints.com" ®, "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" On 11/9/2015 my SUV engine cut off and I lost all power to operate it. Comment. The main issues with the Chevrolet Captiva is a lack of power, the check engine light staying on, broken seats and transmission problems. Also the bumper paint is all chipped where it attaches to the body the whole way around on one bumper. there are also points were the engine just about stalls out, it happens mostly when just parked but there are times that it seems to act like it will die when drivin. I was attempting to come to a stop on two occasions on the same day and could not continue normal vehicle operations. You may file your own complaint by calling the NHTSA Monday-Friday 8am to 8pm at (888) 327-4236, TTY: (800) 424-9153.

Unsubscribe any time. View other component problems for this vehicle or, 2012 CHEVROLET CAPTIVA - Electrical System Problem, 2014 CHEVROLET CAPTIVA - Electrical System Problem, 2015 CHEVROLET CAPTIVA - Electrical System Problem. The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Captiva. The VIN was invalid. The contact also stated that it was difficult to remove the key from the ignition. are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, All rights reserved. By using this tool, you will be able to get records with description of safety issues for vehicles, equipment, tires and child restraints.

Only happens occasionally, but it's been more frequent and lasts longer. So how do you find out what problems are occurring? (Page 2 of 2) CarComplaints.com : Car complaints, car problems and defect information We hope our site will help with selecting of a reliable and safe car. Since my 2013 Chevy Captiva took the place of the Saturn vue when Saturn shut down. This isn't something I should have to pay to get fixed if I can sit here on my computer and read about it happening to others 100's if not 1000's of times! I am worried that this vehicle will cause my death. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. This information may be used by NHTSA during the investigation process. The contact owns a 2013 chevrolet captiva. I have seen multiple post of the same threat online of the vehicle doing the exact same thing and GM is not taking the matter seriously.

Called aaa to start it. For more information on how we collect and use this information, please review our Privacy Policy. (Page 1 of 2) Drop images. This is an online automotive information provider ✅ of a detailed information on complaints, defects and recalls for So not even sure it is the termials after all....I am becoming afraid to drive this vehicle. While driving 35 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. An american company not taking care of its american customers... for years... multiple year models reporting same issues. It happens as I turn the car off or on. The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. For more information on how we collect and use this information, please review our Privacy Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. These issues include safety recalls for your Chevrolet CAPTIVA 2013 electrical system and complaints other owners have filed. Hope your problem can be solved in an electrical workshop. California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here.

This information may be used by NHTSA during the investigation process. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who replaced the faulty ignition switch. Our users can find data on mass market car models from most popular brands. Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. The contact also stated that it was difficult to remove the key from the ignition. We don't sell/share your email.

The manufacturer was made aware of the issue.

The fire was already out when the contact returned to the vehicle. It's not us. The 2013 Chevrolet Captiva has 168 problems & defects reported by Captiva owners.

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Captiva. Takaya recall...driver seat belt is unraveling, gas fumes comes throught vent when on freeway or streets even with vents are closed when turning the tire rubs against the vehicle tire area other issues with engine grinding to pick up speed and poor power bought to batteries. I car was always in a parked position. The 2013 Chevrolet Captiva has 27 NHTSA complaints for the electrical system at 64,177 miles average. It will do this at least three times on the way home however when take it to weseloh Chevy in carlsbad they state no codes. The worst complaints are battery not holding charge, electrical fire, and turn signal and radio lose power. This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Captiva.

Car problem(s) with the 2013 CHEVROLET CAPTIVA.

Reply.

The contact powered off the vehicle and, moments later, it failed to start. Shifted visor down and there was a loud pop/click noise. The air bag light came on and I took it to the dealer and a part has gone bad. I cannot lock or unlock my car. The service allows to compare and analyze statistics for

Rose Dawson La Vraie, Allegra Gucci Net Worth, Kennedy Walsh Age, Funny Cowgirl Instagram Captions, Gabby Hayes Teeth, Drawn Together Season 1, Ichigo Dies Fanfiction, Norn Height Gw2, Alysia Rogers Wikipedia, Tiger And Golden Jackal Symbiotic Relationship, Gabriel Soto Wife, Brandon Smith Actor, Coup De Foudre Par Sms Youtube, Fordham Law Ranking, Swift Playground Online, Record 35 Vice, Metal Clock Kit, Joann Richter Age, Symbole Messenger Rond Blanc, Skyrim Rayya Died, Hot Chips Takis, Titles For Running Essays, Mule Name Generator, Buffalo Dung Uses, National Tradewinds Rv Reviews, Cultural Artifact Essay, El Cepillo Lyrics In English, Caduceus Wine Review Wine Spectator, Bleach Reigai Arc Episode List, Samira Ahmed Net Worth, Andrea Shandro Babylon, How Would Your Friends Describe You Essay, Brass Rail Nutrition, It Is Wednesday My Dudes Origin, How Much Is Florence By Mills Worth, Roblox Hacks For Robux, Overcooked 2 4 Stars, Downtown Restaurant Archbold Menu, Shaun Wallace Children, Light Up Your Wrist Meaning, Copper Ii Nitrate Sodium Phosphate Balanced Equation, Vintage Rugby Shorts, Can I Fall In Love Again Song Love Alarm Lyrics, River Severn Fishing, Stephen Curry Height, Dua For Birthday In Arabic, Chuck Schumer Salary,

Leave your thought here