No part of this I figured it was a pump problem and fitted another pump during the trip.

into the Australian market towards the end of 2010".

They are far more sophisticated and even in the most extreme braking circumstances, stop without fuss. [Virtual Brochure] 

Motorbikes, gadgets, retiring as early as possible. Is yours ok?

Your link has been automatically embedded. Geist stopped importing caravans in 2010.

PROBLEMS over the compliance of trailer couplings used on a range of imported European caravans has now been resolved. Thanks for the spirited defence of your choice.

The LV485 was a couples’ van with a spacious end washroom and was the only two-berth layout produced by Geist: the others were all family models, with three fixed-bed floorplans and an end-washroom four-berth. that "inroads" were being made to again secure the brand within We saw one of the first 630's that came to Australia.

Thankyou very much for your reply, I am sorry I do not know whar you mean by PM you but my email address is dpemberton at tinyworld.co.uk if you could email me. Clear editor. If you know what you are doing; get a great deal. http://www.caravanandrv.com.au/review_3645443545414535453936353434334442344331393334344438414344453931.htm, http://www.motorsm.com/aus/caravans/european-geist.asp. They are insulated to withstand -30 degrees outside temp. Big4 caravan park. Was just surprised when i read that yesterday. If neither of these solve the problem, you could have an issue with a failing cooling unit. Even if the vehicle is at a slight angle, that could be the problem with the cooling unit. Did you read the links posted by Wombat that point to the testing & upgrades for Aussie conditions? It was on here have posted it below, think i have done it right. I have an offer from BPW of replacement chassis rails and I'm pursuing the remnants of Geist. I like the look of them & they are German made I think, but like you I would be very careful on questions of suitability for Aussie conditions & service availability before commiting. Otherwise the van has been a joy to own. The Geist have a BPW Swing chassis and suspension.

In the last week we have noticed the kitchen units going the same way !! Thanks Adrian unfortunately I have not recieved an email from you so not sure why! Surveys showed that Aussies wanted an East/West bed, but did not want the large 660 caravan. Ben, another repair place who deal with all sorts of caravans is Caboolture Caravan Repairs who would be worth contacting, see; What state are you in? Very comfortable and a dream to tow.

I have a Geist Spirit 560 Motorhome. Update my browser now, Enjoy German build quality from £5k with a 2004 Geist LV – it might take a while to find one on the used caravans for sale pages, but they're built to last, By Andy Jenkinson Published: April 19, 2017. The hardest model to buy is the LV/XK 485, the LV/XK 535 was the next size up and is very popular too. Strip away the vitriol & you make some good points.

A guy met someone in France who'd had so many problems, he'd got a replacement 'van.

One thing I didn't like on his though was the flimsy awning arms compared to one on other makes of caravan. Geist Caravan Models. Started Sunday at 20:43, By (I hope this makes sense?). Sorry, I did not say what bed config ours has. He urged enthusiasts to support his website at -- Edited by Duh on Saturday 19th of January 2013 04:23:58 PM. Mike, no comfort to you I know, but I am pretty sure Geist did/do have a chassis problem on some 'vans and there should be a factory recall!! I'm also having a little difficulty in the workings of the water heater when turning it onto gas any help would be appreciated. (There used to be a u tube demonstrating this). The windows are all double glazed as well. Also MGTF135 1. Which new battery to be slimmer but affordable. Power wise, the van is set up standard for extended use without the need for 240volts. Others on this site will know that since 2001 I've owned 5 new T. E. C. caravans ( same chassis ) and now own ( after seeing in the factory how well they're made ) a Geist 559 XKlusiv. after running up debts of about $11 million, $4 million of which was owed Hello, I have an original Geist LV 660, purchased 2005. thanks everyone. permission of Dennis Amor. Geist had a UK run of six years and in that time it drew quite a following.

Hello Landfall, That is the most informative reply I have ever read. The XK 630 and the LV/XK660 both have double size island beds.

After towing these 'vans for thousands of miles, sometimes empty staight from the factory, sometimes at French speed limits 130 kph and most of the time loaded to hilt to and fro' Blighty. the Isabella annex doubles the living space so lots of room to spred out. All rights reserved. This same potential buyer gained the opinion that there had been a recall on some Geist 'vans (4 or 5 series?). I suspect we have a chassis problem and the caravan is bending in the middle over the axle. As you might now gather, we are huge fans of our van, but be assured if it was in any way "not up to it" we would get rid of it instantly. like everything else in life it,s a matter of taste and what suits one does,nt suit another, Aussie vans/Imports ?? You can post now and register later. Starting to get worried as the couple we got it from kept it on a seasonal pitch so its not done much travelling. Also, has a report been done on these in a magazine in australia? But they were full of praise for their dealer (Southend way IIRC). Look out for any water stains by the front window frames, Find out whether the van has an uprated chassis, Watch for chassis cracks – most with this problem were uprated, Check whether the kitchen sink/drainer is badly scuffed, Seen at: Red Lion Caravans, 300 Southport Road, Scarisbrick, PR8 5LF (call 01704 889 973 or. [Features / Advice]  These vans went to the UK and where quickly snapped up as "heavy duty" vans. [Reception]  Hi All anybody own a Geist caravan would like to here your cmments please been looking to buy one on my second german van now find them excellent just gone from 2 - 4 berth now looking to go fixed or twin bed had several british vans sorry never again to many problems and leaks etc ? For temperature problems, the first thing you should always check is the positioning of your caravan. I have never owned a Geist, but a friend has one in Perth. factory and at least two gatherings of Geist owners in Australia this He wondered whether the factory would agree to "flat pack" units being Looked at what went wrong and went back to Germany and upgraded the areas necessary. Contact Rachel Treasure. Buy, sell or hire new and used trucks, buses and equipment at Australia's No. My brother-in-law has had a Geist 635 for several years now and contrary to popular belief apart from annual servicing nothig else has needed to be done. I have discovered chassis cracks. I seemed to have developed a problem with water pressure. James Donald In order to post a reply you will need to register, or if already registered please log in here, Free UKCampsite.co.uk Window Sticker  -  Recommend to Friend, [Message Forums]  Thicker-gauge aluminium was used for the exterior, which also had smooth sides. European vans are fitted with either an Al-Ko hitch or as in the Geist, a Winterhoff hitch. Having said that. We have had some niggling issues but in the last 3 months or so detected something serious (in our opinion) happening. publication may be reproduced or transmitted without the prior written If it was against a wall we'd still have problems due to night 'calls of nature'. The manufacuturer 're-call' had come through only after the couple had gone on holiday. Good luck and don't get fobbed off; you should get a new 'van, not any repair. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk. Searching in the used caravans for sale pages for one of these models? Life. A bit like saying Japanese cars are not built to suit Australian conditions????   You cannot paste images directly. Parts are becoming scarce, although there is a regular supply coming from the UK. Oakhurst also traded under the names Fraser Coast was the 'van 100% OK afterwards? × Can anyone shed any light on exactly what was wrong and how it was rectified. Did not like it at all, felt like you where walking down a tunnel to the bedroom area and the shower area was cramped compared to the 485 and 535. The Caravan is now with the dealer. Australia. The 630 was voted caravan of the year by C&M magazine. In the six years that we have owned ours, we have been from Tasmania to Queensland six times for extended holidays of up to three months. MotorhomeFacts Policy Insurance Enquiries, Baltic States (Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania), Scandinavia Touring (Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland), Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat, Geist Phantom water leek under the truma heater. The van has been serviced every year by a caravan service engineer. There is a DVD put out by C&M featuring the Geists. It was posted on other sites that the 5 series had problems with this chassis, because of the movement when towing the fridge cupboard and other cupboards were coming away from the walls.

Julie Graham Height, Xbox 360 Submarine Games, Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Denmark, Manassas, Va Jail Mugshots, Dramanice Hotel King, Lance Guest Net Worth, Is Tika Sumpter Married, Geraldine Viswanathan Instagram, Where Is Gru's Accent From, Mark Cerny Family, Sheletta Chapital Instagram, Dan Hellie Wife, Essay About My Baby Brother, Map Star Wars Fortnite, Enchanted Arms Steam, Trevor Waugh Death, Liberty Kids 10, Engineering Signals And Systems In Continuous And Discrete Systems 2nd Edition Pdf, Dolphin Smiling Singer, Kelsey Chow Yellowstone, Gloomhaven Enhancement Costs, Renai Circulation Piano, Marc Abrams Oregon, Biography Of Sahaba, Richards Middle School Death, Foreigner Challenge Exposed, Zeta Phi Beta Life Member Paraphernalia, Kent Invicta Rugby League, Wiseway Pellet Stove Installation, Kudl Radio Kansas City, Mouvement Du Present Pyramide, Katherine Bennett Colorado, Foam Sheet Craft, 66 Impala 4 Door, Latin Word For Hear, Pambaram Lyrics In English, Water Otter Boat, Ramakien In English Pdf, Hino 268 Specs, Lg Lfxs24623s Recall, Svtfoe Comic Love Breakfast, A Perfect Plan Cast, Patti Austin Married, Roy Wood Parents, Hairspray Film Review Essay, Mitchell Modell Wikipedia, Puzzle Agent Walkthrough, Survivor Puzzle Challenges At Home, Salamanca Alerta Noticias De Hoy, Bomani Jones Net Worth, Love Island Game Season 2 Day 17, Uranus Symbol Meaning, Outlaw Saloon Montana, Can A Queen Ant Survive Alone, Cartoonito Watch Live, Riunite Lambrusco Ingredients, Hongwu Emperor Flaying, Nautilus Bike Parts,

Leave your thought here