My friends Mother had a great saying…Less said, less mended. two newsletters just for these purposes: The Grace Burrowes Newsletter will issue whenever I have a new book out or if news to share.

When I get really confused about a decision, I’m like: what does it come down to? Matthew William Burrowes 1832 Sydney, New South Wales, Australia - 10 May 1857 . So I have found myself thinking about what Mark Twain said about worrying.

He’s hopelessly attracted to heiress Emily Pepper, but as he puts it to Emily, an honorable man must bring independent means to his marriage.

Blood Moon.

was an English violinist, violin teacher and orchestra conductor. John Burrowes abt 1828 Ireland - 15 Aug 1890 . 186

That Einstein guy said a number of things that are brilliant… I will refrain from listing all of my favs. In the early 1920s she played viola in an ensemble called The Birmingham Quartet.

Nonetheless, I bumped into an editor there, and the query letter resulting from that encounter began: “I am the buffoon in the bar at the RWA retreat who could not keep her heroines straight, could not look you in the eye, and could not stop blushing—and if that doesn’t narrow down the possibilities, your job is even harder than I thought.” (The dear lady bought the book anyway.). And yet… I’m a child welfare attorney. Author Events →, I started keeping a diary before I could write cursive, but had no notion I might If I take care of business, do work for my professional society, answer emails, check on online orders etc.etc.etc. “Today’s mighty oak is just yesterday’s nut that held its ground.” – David Icke and family we might not see at any other time of year  Read More... Grace Burrowes | Highland Hospitality

I have bestirred myself to re-publish two holiday tales, Lady Mistletoe’s Holiday Helper (from Yuletide Wishes), and Catnip and Kisses (from Love and Other Perils), into a Holiday Duet.

Please try your request again later. I love writing with writers about writing.

One of the questions an author hears most is, "Where do you get your ideas?" So is Dorothy Parker. But one of my stuck on the wall with tape quotes right now is from Eleanor Roosevelt: We do not have to become heroes overnight. and if I take care of all these little nasty bits before bed, I read your blog and make a comment. THE BRIDEGROOM WORE When I have two unpleasant one paths to choose between, I often delay choosing for a long time.

She spent more than 25 years representing children in foster care court, and lives in western Maryland. I’m reading Dickens’ Sketches by Boz these days, and I’m struck by how he could leaven  huge, windy, lofty, bravura sentences and cinder block paragraphs with zingers. I have kept a casual eye on the field of graphic design ever since. This week, writer McKinley Valentine offered the following worthy phrase: You don’t have a problem, you  have a solution you don’t like. for a book about a hero who has very  Read More... Grace Burrowes | Why I Had to Write Horse Romance She is the sixth out of seven children, raised in the rural surrounds of central Pennsylvania. ), “Precisely the least, the softest, lightest, a lizard’s rustling, a breath, a breeze, a moment’s glance – it is little that makes the best happiness.” – Friedrich W Nietzsche, “I hold that the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man.” – Mahatma Gandhi, “Dare to be honest and fear no labor.” – Robert Burns, “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” – Albert Einstein. One of those newsletters is called Dense Discovery, a collection of thought-provoking cites about all things tech, with a particular focus on graphic arts and design. Grace Burrowes started writing as an antidote to empty nest and soon found it an antidote to life in general. Currently you have JavaScript disabled.

In the interests of feeding my own creativity (and thus feeding me and my cats and other dependents), I read newsletters from people working outside the fiction-writing sphere.

The Queen’s Barque Inn quickly fills with the injured, the devious, and the lonely—lords, ladies, and simple folk; spies, pirates, and smugglers all trapped together.

She is the sixth out of seven children, raised in the rural surrounds of central Pennsylvania. I consider them the fairy godmothers who’ve guarded my single-working-mom sanity. I started keeping a diary before I could write cursive. My yuletide When I load it onto the retail platforms in November (with a better cover, I hope! Follow me on Goodreads and BookBub.

I went to a chapter conference and felt completely out of place. May 3, 2012

their worst fears.