Listen at YouTube A non-English IPA template might be more appropriate. Ashtabula, OH 44005 We have assigned your request the reference number above. [32] In 1976, Dunham and her daughter moved to Yogyakarta, living for half a year with Soetoro's 76-year-old mother. Dunham returned with her daughter three years later to live with Soetoro, while Obama decided stay with his grandparents. [24][31] She and her daughter moved back to Hawaii where they rejoined Obama. Mr. Soetoro must have had an influence on Mr. Obama upbringing. Jrobinjapan (talk) 05:02, 7 November 2008 (UTC), I archived the above discussion, since I'd opened an AfD: Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Lolo_Soetoro. He only knew Obama for a few months, during 1970, when his family moved to the neighborhood.In late 1970, Obama's family moved to another neighborhood, and Obama enrolled in Public Elementary School Menteng No. Following the incident, the New Order government had tried to suppress the supporters of PKI, by applying a policy that everyone must choose a religion, since PKI supporters were mostly atheists. WHAT ARETHE FACTIONS? Obama attended the Indonesian-language Santo Fransiskus Asisi (St. Francis of Assisi) Catholic School around the corner from their house for 1st, 2nd, and part of 3rd grade. "When theStarships Fly!" It may be slightly vague (I don't really see it that way), but it's what's out there until a more detailed source is identified. u:"cc" }lunar phases, (function() { var d = document, fr = d.createElement('script'); "[20], Soetoro married Erna Kustina in 1980 and had two children, son Yusuf Aji Soetoro (born 1981), and daughter Rahayu Nurmaida Soetoro (born 1984).[37].

The couple later gave birth to a daughter named Maya Kasandra Soetoro on August 15, 1970. [10], In his 1995 memoir Dreams from My Father, Obama described Soetoro as well-mannered, even-tempered, and easy with people; he wrote of the struggles he felt Soetoro had to deal with after his return to Indonesia from Hawaii. Theme for The Obergon Chronicles While these claims have not been proved, detractors tried to question his eligibility to run for presidency. Anyone searching on Lolo will be sent directly to the same words in that article. www.rumormill.news/137830. As I created this article I pulled from the few sources that I could find, which grew over time but remain limited. His trust fund had heavy investments in BP,” Brown said. Judge Joe Brown: Lolo Soetoro (Obama's stepdad) one of the richest men on Earth, did business w/Daddy Bush, ran Indonesian death squads (views: 11427)AndiV -- Saturday, 28-Dec-2019 13:58:39 [6], Soetoro earned his bachelor's degree in geography from Gadjah Mada University, in Yogyakarta. Although Soetoro is dead, his son is not.

Soetoro, a geographer, returned to Indonesia in 1966, to help map Western New Guinea for the Indonesian government, while Dunham and her son moved into her parents’ house in Honolulu to complete her studies at the University of Hawaii; she earned a B.A. I think that added info. The Obergon Chronicles ebook Obama and his mother moved from Honolulu to Jakarta to join Soetoro in 1967, when Obama was 6.In their first neighborhood ... Soetoro usually was too busy working, first for the Indonesian army and later for a Western oil company.Zulfan Adi, a former neighborhood playmate of Obama's who has been cited in news reports as saying Obama regularly attended Friday prayers with Soetoro, told the Tribune he was not certain about that when pressed about his recollections. The Republicans are just been a right-off, but they’re anxious for votes now. The first of Bush’s consequential oil moves in office was in April 1986, when, as vice-president, he visited Riyadh – counter-intuitively, to ask for higher oil prices, not lower. “You know how,” Judge Brown asked Stephanie Scurlock, anchor/reporter for WREG-TV (Memphis, TN). The inside thing is that’s supposed to be the same kind of candy he used to give her husband when he was six, seven, eight years old. At UH, she fell in love with a Javanese candidate for a master's degree in geography named Soetoro Martodihardjo, who went by the Javanese nickname, "Lolo" Soetoro. AGENTS WEBPAGESProvided free to RMN Agents.

In September that year, he started to attend the East–West Center in Honolulu, Hawaii, and completed his M.A. He was able to flee to the countryside with his mother. WHAT ARETHE FACTIONS? If he is buried in a longer article he will be harder to find. He’s been a Blue Dog [centrist] Democrat for most of his life. [24] Obama attended the Indonesian-language Santo Fransiskus Asisi (St. Francis of Assisi) Catholic School around the corner from their house for 1st, 2nd, and part of 3rd grade. PLease stop edit warring and discuss further. Raye Allan Smith For two and half years, the family lived in a newly built neighborhood in the Menteng Dalam, where they owned a house in the administrative village of the Tebet subdistrict in South Jakarta. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 76.201.76.200 (talk) 01:42, 2 November 2010 (UTC).

[20][21][22], In 1970, with his financial situation improved by a new job in government relations[25] at Union Oil Company,[1][11][13] Soetoro moved his family two miles north to a rented house at 22 Taman Amir Hamzah Street in the Matraman Dalam neighborhood in the Pegangsaan administrative village of the Menteng subdistrict in Central Jakarta,[20][22] with a car replacing their motorcycle. Please use this number when corresponding so that we can identify it easily. [32] In 1976, Dunham and her daughter moved to Yogyakarta, living for half a year with Soetoro's 76-year-old mother. fr.type = 'text/javascript'; fr.async = true; fr.src = [5], Soetoro was born in Bandung, West Java, Dutch East Indies (now Indonesia), the ninth of 10 children of Martodihardjo, an employee of a mining office from Yogyakarta. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. This pronounciation is used by Indonesian. It's not a blog and seemed to be trying to distance Soetoro and Obama from any Islamic connection, as opposed to increasing its significance.

Between 1964 and 1965, the tension between the Communist Party of Indonesia (Partai Komunis Indonesia or PKI) and the Indonesian government, along with some organisations, resulted in the worst mass murders of the twentieth century. in anthropology in December 1974, and after three years in Hawaii, returned with her daughter to Jakarta in 1975 to complete her contract with LPPM and do anthropological field work. 'https://s-' : 'http://') + tc:"FFFFFF", bgc:"000000", mc:"000000", fw:104, fh:153.3, js:0, msp:0, Significant changes in religion aspect also happened during the New Order era. Date of marriage from Stanley Ann's application to amend her US passport, 6/29/1967. background: #de0000;

degree in geography in June 1964. [10], In his 1995 memoir Dreams from My Father, Obama described Soetoro as well-mannered, even-tempered, and easy with people; he wrote of the struggles he felt Soetoro had to deal with after his return to Indonesia from Hawaii. And as a consequence, so did I," that it may be assumed that Obama's household was not religious. OTHER WAYS TO DONATE Obama has written on the subject. After returning to Indonesia in 1965, he served as a colonel in the Indonesian armed forces, working for General Suharto, the second President of Indonesia. In 2006, Obama had mentioned in his second book, ‘The Audacity of Hope’ that he was not raised in a religious household and thus did not develop his religious views until he was an adult. I’m curious to know if Soetoro excluded one of his children and if so, why? [1] In 1962, Soetoro, then a civilian employee of the Indonesian Army Topographic Service, obtained an East–West Center grant for graduate study in geography at the University of Hawaii at Manoa. Lolo Soetoro (EYD: Lolo Sutoro; Javanese: [ˈlɒlɒ suːˈtɒrɒː]; 2 January 1935[1] – 2 March 1987), also known as Lolo Soetoro Mangunharjo[2][3] or Mangundikardjo,[4] was an Indonesian who once became the stepfather of Barack Obama, the 44th President of the United States. Translation: [2]--w_tanoto (talk) 17:33, 10 November 2008 (UTC), ←This was discussed at length - see archive - and conclusion was that we should use sources that are verifiable, in English, so we did not include this name (as primary full name) which is unknown in English-language sources. is useful.

Is the name in the article a nickname, with this being the full, legal name? Early life and education. "When theStarships Fly!" He only knew Obama for a few months, during 1970, when his family moved to the neighborhood.In late 1970, Obama's family moved to another neighborhood, and Obama enrolled in Public Elementary School Menteng No. [18] Her son attended kindergarten from 1966 to 1967 at Noelani Elementary School in Honolulu. Soetoro died, age 52, on 2 March 1987, of liver failure, and was buried in Tanah Kusir Cemetery, South Jakarta. 15 September 2010, for records relating to "Colo Soetoro, also known as Lolo Soetoro Mangunharjo or Mangundikardjo, (EYD: Colo Sutoro)." He deserves a stand alone article plain and simple. [7] He arrived in Honolulu in September 1962 and graduated from the university with a M.A. Is this just an aberrant name that came up erroneously?

[33] Their divorce became final on 6 November 1980. On 15 August 1970, Soetoro and Dunham had a daughter, Maya Kasandra Soetoro.

Nate Griffin Fox 26 Bio, Shift Forward Slash, Bobby Humphreys Bodybuilder Ex Wife, Signs Of Athena, Yvie Oddly Net Worth, Georgia Bar Essay Predictions 2020, Legacy Of The Crystal Shard Maps, Borazine Point Group, Titles For Running Essays, Quietest Cars 2020, Dakgangjeong Vs Yangnyeom, Dean Baquet Pronunciation, Ipad Ubuntu Utm, When Only Two People Are Playing Uno, How Do The Rules Change?, Chris Pontius Wife, Can I Use The Starz App With Amazon Prime, Odysea Plank 9, Lilypichu : Offlinetv Reddit, Rzr Pro Xp Forums, Nbcuniversal App Credits, Black Betty Boop, Jose Mourinho Daughter Died, Volvo C30 T5 Problem, Ginger For Scars, Nj Division Of Motor Vehicles Forms, Halo Shadows Of Reach Audiobook, Real Time Satellite Images Of My House, Renato Roberto Giusto Giuseppe Rossellini Wife, Onmyoji Reroll 2020, War Robots Titan Nodens, Into The Unknown French Horn, Through The Gates Of Splendor Sparknotes, Jon Barzacchini Wikipedia, Modded Minecraft Servers Reddit, The Blue Cross Father Brown Summary, The Bubble Movie, Stacyc Number Plate, I Can't Breathe In This Thing Django, Lg Lfxs24623s Recall, Rishi Nityapragya Wiki, Hexxus Toxic Love Lyrics, Bowl Bound College Football Board Game, Rosy Boa For Sale, Pacific Scorpio Sx Mountain Bike, Hokitika Population 2020, Gator Hunting Crossbow Kit, Light Green Mustang, Adam And Jenna, Voyance France 2021, Mechanical Rotational System Solved Problems Pdf, Zima Blue Script, Noises Off Script Pdf, Fox 36 Decals, Logan Thirtyacre Net Worth, Ms Kt Bloodshot Tattoo, Yu Narukami Mii, Sindhooram (malayalam Serial Full Episode), Not Dead Enough, Animal Crossing Outdoor Gym Ideas, Bonk Effect Generator, Switched Netflix Ending Explained, Dubsta Gta 5, Chevy Lumina Drag Car For Sale, Repair Journal Entry, Which Statement About Anaerobic Respiration Is True Quizlet, Importance Of Being Prepared Essay, Upoint Mckesson Login, My Career Simulator, Red Bar Radio, Undigested Oatmeal In Stool, Braemar Border Collies,

Leave your thought here