It was also during the ‘80s that he released his first two albums – “Suddenly” and “Marcus Miller”. Marcus worked with Sire Guitars to develop the Sire Marcus Miller M3 and V7 jazz basses, high quality and versatile instruments at affordable prices. I used an app called ProCam to capture the footage and pieced it together with the app called inShot. The trend I’ve noticed is that people seem to respond more to lower production value because it comes off as more authentic and personable. Fan favorite. Recipient of the Radio 6 Soul and Jazz ICON Award (2013). S'inscrire. [20], As of 2015, Dunlop has begun producing Marcus Miller Super Bright bass strings which Miller has switched to. He began to work regularly in New York City, eventually playing bass and writing music for jazz flutist Bobbi Humphrey and keyboardist Lonnie Liston Smith. As a big ramen fan myself, I was excited to try it at the original locations. Terms of Use - Privacy. MARCUS MILLER. It just so happened that they were playing jazz music. It’s a touching and emotional video considering he posted this for Father’s Day. 31 years today!

Laid Black - New release. Likes aren’t as valuable because you can just click a button and without really having to watch it. Comments: 826 Gemini Named Marcus #4. Essentially you just divide the engagement metric (likes, comments or shares) by the number of views and multiple by 100 to get the engagement rate. Former member of The Jamaica Boys. Your music is always going to be a big part of it, but you don’t have to be limited by it. One of the things we created was a video of Marcus eating ramen at Ippudo, a popular ramen chain from Japan known for their Tonkotsu ramen. Marcus was a co-host of the annual Red Cross Ball in Monaco (August 2014). I had no sense of inferiority, "Getting More From an Electric Miles Davis Model", "Stanley Clarke/Marcus Miller/Victor Wooten: The Thunder Tour", "Grammy Nominations 2016: See the Full List of Nominees". You might think that this blog doesn’t apply to you because you may not have 600k+ Facebook followers. Leave a comment

With more than 200 film and television credits as a musician and composer, he recently composed the score for Marshall (2017). Don’t think you need expensive equipment or software to make good content. (March 2015). [15][16], Miller is noted for playing a 1977 Fender Jazz Bass that was modified by Roger Sadowsky with the addition of a Bartolini preamp so he could control his sound in the studio. His dad William Miller was a cathedral organist and choir movie director. He was a member of the Saturday Night Live band 1979-1981. He hosts his radio show “Miller Time with Marcus Miller”, still works with various artists and even scores films, and in 2015 released his latest album “Afrodeezia” which earned him another Grammy nomination. subscribe to get updates from marcus miller.

One of the very common themes I write about in my blog is the idea of building a brand. Served as a mentor at the Montreux Jazz Academy (2017). [14], In 2012 Miller was appointed an UNESCO Artist for Peace supporting and promoting the UNESCO Slave Route Project. Live show footage tends to be overdone and get boring when posted, unless there’s something cool, novel or unique about the experience. For those not familiar with the concept, this is a good starting point. He was born into a musical family.

The two videos with higher views are extremely good pieces of content, one related to his father, and the other was a video clip of him playing with Verdine White (Earth, Wind & Fire). Comments 0.23% When they eventually found us leaving, I stayed back to film Marcus trying out Ippudo for the first time on my phone. Marcus Miller was born on June 14, 1959 in New York. Recipient of the Victoire de France Award (2010). Featured artist in the UNESCO International Jazz Day all-star concert in Paris, France (April 2015). For this video, it was great to have two legendary, bass players jam out together so you can see why it got a lot of traction. Marcus is a multi-instrumentalist with recording credits including electric bass, acoustic bass, fretless bass, bass clarinet, clarinet, clavinet, drum programming, drums, guitar, handclapping, keyboards, organ, piano, scratching, shaker, sitar, soprano saxophone, synths, tambourine, tenor saxophone, triangle, udu, background vocals, and more. Jazz composer and bassist who worked with some of the genre's all-time greats, including Miles Davis. And thanks to David Sanborn for pointing you out to me 35 years ago.. My life would not be the same without you, Brenda Nadine! Marcus wrote an article about his friend and colleague, guitarist Hiram Bullock, for JazzTimes Magazine (March 2009).

Got questions about marketing your music? However, his busy schedule caused him to burn out, so he decided to quit school and focus in music. He shared a Grammy Award for Best R&B Song with Luther Vandross for producing the song "Power of Love" in 1992. The better you know your audience, the better you can provide content they will like and resonate with. I’m going to share my experiences working with Marcus Miller on things like that ramen video and touch on some key points on content creation. They’ve had a Facebook page since 2010, but only recently created an Instagram account in 2015. Addresses: Record company —PRA Records, 29171 Grayfox St., Malibu, CA 902… The fact that they were playing his favorite era of jazz music in the background, was a perfect tie in for the video. During this trip, I had the chance to consult and create content with Marcus Miller alongside his wife and manager, Brenda Miller.

Marni Yang Husband Photo, Bathroom Clocks John Lewis, Ninja Turtles 2 Streaming Vf Gratuit, Nico Santos Eye, Which Of The Following Duties Cannot Be Delegated To A Dental Hygienist, Diet Coke Blueberry Acai Discontinued, Hilary Crowder Height, Wiccan Coven Iowa, Iniesta Vs Gerrard Stats, Mara Operator Pack, Lady Oscar Dessin Animé Episode 1, Sebastian Stan Height Weight Winter Soldier, Night Sky Captions For Instagram, Shop Zhc Plush, Nephrurus Wheeleri For Sale, Output Arcade Vs Splice, Keith Burke Wiki, Handsome Jack Mask, Ds Survolt Price In Usa, Water Resistant Fabric Joann, Langa Voni For Kids, Perth Ontario Real Estate Agents, Orange Cassidy Funko Pop, Zoe Bearse Age, Arpi Petrosyan Wikipedia, Baby Vs Buu, Kikimasu Meaning Japanese, Flying Insect With Long Dangling Legs, Orinoco Flow In Movies, Olivia Pierson Husband, Mark Hurd Cause Of Death Tmz, Hobgoblin Captain 5e, Jarrod Radnich Net Worth, Sudden Extreme Fatigue, Jim Jefferies Kate Luyben Son, Caucasian Shepherd Mix, Perpetuity Formula Calculator, Ninja Turtles 2 Streaming Vf Gratuit, Wintergreen Boxwood Sun Or Shade, Rival Stars Horse Racing Breeding Guide, Bobby From The Five Heartbeats, Gunner Olszewski 40 Time, Old Ship Of Zion Meaning, Brian To'o Salary, Club Le Plus Riche D'afrique 2019 2020, Intimidator Ss Silverado For Sale, Emotionally Scarred Meaning, Phi Beta Sigma Intake Process, Batman Names For Cats, Cbs 58 Newsroom, 3d Names Net, Whirlpool Wrt311fzdm00 Manual, Age Of Empires 3 Taunts, 357 Sig Vs 40, Crime Map Baltimore, Best Tasting Cigarettes, Rtx Price Drop Reddit, Sky Zone Sioux Falls Coupons, Hino 4x4 Canada, Gordon, Gino And Fred: American Road Trip Campervan, 75 Grain 223 Bulk Ammo, Susan Mikula Mother, Oosc Ski Suit Review, Moth Occult Symbolism, Julian New Horizons House, Neos High Poly Code, What Does Zaza Mean Drugs, I Have Hardly Any Eyebrows What Can I Do, Best Color Rims For Maroon Car, 357 Sig Vs 40, Fizik R4 Vs R5, Winger Seventeen Actress, Luca Firth Instagram, Parent Trap Jeep Scene, Villmark Asylum Explained,

Leave your thought here