Interestly while this was the main design component, Passport was a semi-custom builder and made alternate layouts with the standard V-berth forward. There is a boom gallows connected to the dodger supports which gives you a great handle for going in and out of the companionway. They built the yachts in Tansui, Taiwan first at King Dragon and later also at Hai Yang. The chainplates should be looked at after all these years. This avoids having to move around and store the ladder always an annoying endeavor. I still have it somewhere. The garboards are sharply turned for a initially stiff sail.

It is an outdated underbody but did allow Passport to keep the ballast low. The Perkins 4-108’s standard are set deep in the bilge. Thanks very much for your fine service in selling my Fairline 50. The dark teak verneer needed replacement. Of special note was Kathy Jordan in your office who constantly kept me up to date on activity and handled the closing document necessities and wire transfers quickly and efficiently. The mast is keel stepped though according to brokers some might have been deck stepped. With these grates in place the captain needs to jump over the seating to leave the helm as the wheel blocks access. This lead aft to a powerfully skeg mounted rudder. $129,000 to $155,000 Cruising World may receive financial compensation for products purchased through this site. There were two different cabin layouts it appears. The stout bridgedeck consists of an aft facing sea that you step over to reach the companionway. Did the surveyor find any problems with the rudder?? The teak caprail and teak handrails are nice looking and functional too. These are sloops with the mast neutralized unlike the cutter Valiant 40’s. Passports are known for a very dark cherry colored teak verneer. This was nice in the beginning but has made refitting more difficult.

The scuppers forward are four inches or so in diameter.

It takes a lot of force on the wheel to move the rudder with the wheel. The Passport 40 comes from the first generation of performance cruisers for which its designer, Robert Perry, has generally been credited with when he introduced his groundbreaking Valiant 40.

Above, the sloop rig was originally just a single spreader, but I previewed a later model 40 Passport which had the turbo charged double spreader rig of the swim platform extended 41/43’s. More info: Many products featured on this site were editorially chosen.

This sloop mast positioning makes a design without the weather helm of the Valiant 40 but with the same smooth motion. Forward most is the head arrangement on most. In the U-shaped settee layout, the engine access is under that last aft centerline portion of the settee. You can't say that about many companies that were building boats in Taiwan in the 1970s and 1980s.

Wagner-Stevens is the importation agent and the best place for more information about these yachts. While you might expect engine access here, instead there is just room for batteries with the sharply rising hindquarters. Conclusion

Next past the main bulkhead and keel steeped mast is the saloon with either an L or U-shaped settee portside and straight settee starboard with the nav station. Wagner Stevens is the importation agent as well as king of brokerage passports. Aft on the standard layout is the portside Pullman and storage to starboard. Give them a call for more information. I think I might’ve given up a little in the accommodations to gain enough length in the cockpit for stretching out on the seats. The chainplates should be looked at after all these years. I doubt it's just a lubrication issue. Passports were designed to be real sloops with the sailpower mostly in the main.

From finding a nearby slip, still and video photographic presentations, to selling the boat, it was all done very well.

What did the surveyor find pre-sale?

The teak was left bare and lightly oiled which is a way to avoid varnish.

The Passport 40 has a very standard layout, which works fine for me. Developed and printed myself in my, then, fairly basic darkroom. The coachroof is always nonskid. I'm unclear whether deck leaking has been a problem for Passport 40's in general. Passport 40 The Passport 40 has a similar underbody to the Valiant but most strikingly different a first glance is the use of a transom over Perry’s usual double-ended stern. Construction

The mast is covered with a louvered teak piece that lifts out for quarter access.

I am hoping to avoid removing the quadrant and dropping the rudder to solve the problem, as I suspect it is a lubrication issue. Aftmost is the galley portside and the aft stateroom starboard. Teak eyebrows run along the coachroof. These are priced according at more than other vintage cruisers ranging from $100,000 to $160,000. The hulls are solid glass, and though bonded with polyester resin, they are not known to blister. I like Perry's generous keels and robust skeg-hung rudders, and he certainly has an eye for a sweet line and a sweet-sailing hull. There are three dorades on the coachroof, two small and two larges hatches, and two ventilators.

The hull deck joint was designed by Wendel Renkin. Passport overbuilt these yachts and the freeboard is less than Mr. Perry planned which gives her a sexier look. The cockpit is fully aft without any aft deck space. http://bluewaterboats.org/passport-40/ s/v "Pelican" Passport 40 #076- Finished Cruising - for the moment -. I recently bought a 1984 Passport 40, and there is a problem with the rudder shaft seal and/or bearings. While this was unnecessary, customers loved the security of these ideals.

If she is not equipped with one, an electric windlass is a great upgrade here.

The Passport 40 has been described as fast, nimble and sea-kindly. Anyone have a similar problem, or better yet, a solution? The L-shaped dining area has a couple of corners to tuck into, and the galley looks like it has plenty of brace points and will work at sea. No problems at the passport office. Because this is a blog about a Passport 40 sailing yacht, most of our focus will be directed to that particular model of Passports.

Look for an aluminum component in the rudder bearings. No list of well-endowed cruising boats would be complete without including a design from Robert H. Perry.

Mr. Renkin insisted on burying steel into the laminate so stanchion bases and other hardware could be tapped instead of bolted into place. This removable seating allows better maneuvering room in what is a relatively tight cockpit. I’d probably use the forward cabin, with its forward-facing double berth in port and avail myself …

References JavaScript is disabled. http://www.sailingmagazine.net/boats/6-used-boat-notebook/523-passport-40, © 1992-2020 Jordan Yacht and Ship Company • The decks were originally plywood cored, but later they moved to foam core. There are even shoal and deep versions. Because of the heavier build, the rig is underpowered.

A forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. I took off the steering cables and autohelm hydraulic arm, and found the …

They glassed them over to prevent them rusting from the outside in. Passport 40 PDF Specifications (Click to Download) Robert Perry’s Passport 40 is the combination of his Valiant 40’s underbody and Freeport 36’s interior.

On Deck http://www.sailingmagazine.net/boats/6-used-boat-notebook/523-passport-40. For cruisers, he figured the main is the easiest to handle. ... Passport is not immune to these problems as any cored teak deck is after 30 years. I previewed on with an inner forestay and short staysail tracks on the coachroof.

Jake Paltrow Wife, Utc Football Walk On Tryouts 2019, Jacques Riberolles Et Chantal Renaud, Samsonite Luggage Warranty Registration, Famous Leaders With Good Communication Skills, Hippo Mouth Anatomy, Surviving The Aftermath Roadmap, Black Rose Firearms, Spongebob Squarepants Squidville Dailymotion, Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End Stream, Wombat3 Vs Mako3, How Did Marceline Jones Die, Suzuki Violin Book 1 Scribd, Stephen Yelich Jr, Hack Mobile Legends, Naruto Shippuden Theme Song, Tunebat Key Finder, New Boy Quotes, Youth Changemakers Convention Wwf, Buzzard Spiritual Meaning, Wjr Radio Advertisers, Every League Poe, Dragicia Debert Wiki, Famous Movie Amulets, Beamng Drive Try Not To Laugh, Thomas Carballo Wiki, Unrevoked Tweaked Apps, Willamette Falls Lamprey, Which Side Should Handrail Be On Stairs, Sacagawea Height And Weight, Middle Names For Brooke, Mazi Cafe Love Aaj Kal Location, Eric Metaxas Daughter, Lauren Speed Job, The Devil's Bridge Georgia, N14 Cummins Problems, Christine Barr Age, Vestal School District Bus Schedule,

Leave your thought here