Our own beat on the River Mole, within 2 miles of the hotel, is approximately three quarters of a mile of single bank fishing, with seven named pools, each quite different but all have yielded Salmon. The cost is £30 per rod per day. I lost numerous hooklengths and a swimfeeder and several legers to boot.Great day though and a fish of a life time! The fish are generally larger on this section which contains Chub, Roach, Dace, Pike, Perch, Gudgeon and the occasional Barbel. For further details please contact our Estate Manager to discuss your individual requirements on 01769 540561 or email, Our Gift Vouchers Make the Perfect Present. The Mole crosses the North Downs between Dorking and Leatherhead, where it cuts a steep-sided valley, known as the Mole Gap, through the chalk. You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. What wonderful timeless times these were and we caught perch , dace, roach and chub with the odd carp thrown in for good measure. Spent 40 minutes trying to find somewhere close by to park. Fishing Books, Magazines, Anglers Guides & Film's: Other Traditional Fishing Related Topics: ↳   Traditional Reel Building and Restoring, ↳   Making Other Items of Traditional Fishing Tackle, ↳   Traditional Fishing Tackle Manufacturers, ↳   Andrew Betts - The Norfolk Float Company, ↳   Traditional Fishing Tackle Shops, Past and Present, http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/incoming/gallery/4735907. one that put a bend in the rod!] I quickly weighed it and it just went passed 7lb, 7lb 2oz to be exact and what a beauty, fin and scale perfect! The river was looking pretty full and there seemed to be a lot of fallen trees in the river, which actually helped me to narrow down my swim search.I'd already set up both rods one with a simple leger / maggot swimfeeder set up and the other with a balsa stick float taking 3BB. The river is deeper in places and is different from the other stretch at Norbury Park. Excellent waters available.

Covering England, Scotland, Wales, Northen Ireland and Ireland. The Taw rises on Dartmoor some 40 miles to the south, so each river can sometimes offer quite different fishing conditions. I regularly topped up the swim feeder with maggots, casting back in every 8-10 minutes whilst introducing some Sweetcorn. The largest Salmon we have seen recently was caught by a local vicar, weighing in at over 24lbs and the largest Sea Trout came in at over 12lbs. So that was downstream of the main A245 road bridge then. A guide to fishing in the River Mole in Surrey, with angling venues listed from upstream to downstream. Due to the very wet weather we have been having for what seems like the whole of the summer, the river Mole was very stained and was running about half a metre higher than normal, well I say normal it has been pretty much flooded for most of the summer. Unfortunately I ended up spending to much time here, for several reasons, one was hope, two I knew from previous experience that this swim held big fish and thirdly snags, debris and the flow was hampering presentation. The River Mole, the main tributary to The Taw, rises on Exmoor to the north east and joins The Taw just 2 miles from Highbullen. Fished the river years ago in the Esher/Hersham and Molesey areas before the giant flood of Molesey in the 60's. The river gives its name to the Surrey district of Mole Valley. Read a few blogs and there are rumors but yet to find any evidence of Carp over 30lb with one blogger suggesting the river Mole holds 40lb Carp, Really.........Several months ago I had a lovely near blank of a day down at the lovely Hampton Court where the River Mole Feeds into the Thames and there were at least a dozen Carp anglers down there with their bivvies. You need to get here before 0900 hrs if you are to grab a spot nearby. KC Angling 0208 6426222. A small commission is made from the sale of products in the fishing tackle section. It really can be a superb winter fishery when many of the other rivers and still waters in the area have slowed down. by Bjp » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:20 pm, Post The Taw rises on Dartmoor some 40 miles to the south, so each river can sometimes offer quite different fishing conditions. by Ignis2018 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:28 pm, Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | SE Square by PhpBB3 BBCodes. The River Mole arises in Sussex and enters Surrey at Gatwick airport. Yeah or a massive eel, to big to be anything else! Bait was a single grain of Sweetcorn on a size 16 hook.After about 20 minutes I hooked into a small chub of about 6 oz which offered me some hope of more and larger fish. ... River Mole, Mill Road. It rises in West Sussex near Horsham and flows northwest through Surrey for 80 km (50 miles) to the Thames at East Molesey, opposite Hampton Court Palace. Much of the catchment area lies on impermeable rock (including Weald Clay and Londo… You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. River Thames, Richmond Bridge to Putney Bridge.

Location: River Mole Leatherhead Surrey  Date: 10th of October 2012, Stopped off at The Cheam Angling Centre on the way down the A24 and picked up some maggots, casters, hemp and lobworms.Initially I intended to fish the same spots as I did the week before however there were no parking spots nearby, somI Carried on down the Dorking Road, B2450 and at the roundabout did a right on to Young street, A246, as I passed over the river I saw a sign on the left for a Car Park, so, pulled in and there were a few other vehicles parked here, so though this should be good..Saw a path and sign and headed in it's direction down towards the The River Mole, on arriving I was a little disappointed at how full and coloured the Mole still was despite over 36hours of no rain, ah well! Pike fishing on the Mole Caught up with my brother Nigel today, fishing on the River Mole at Downside, near Cobham. RodsOnRivers is completely free to use! Suntimes, moontimes, lunar phase, weather. by Troydog » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:13 am, Post New Personal best Chub by several pounds, amazing!Carried on fishing obviously and aside from a nice Perch, a Roach, a few very small chub and the usual minnows, I caught nothing else apart from an American Red Signal Crayfish. I struck and immediately thought this is a decent chub, but as it fought I was beginning to think this is either a record breaker or something else. My late fishing partner William (Bill) Gillingham was I think also a member of the Cobham Court AC water and bequeathed to me many of the audio tapes he recorded in the 70's and 80's while fishing the Mole in this area before he retired to Bournemouth to live with his uncle and later moving to a mobile home site on the banks for the Dorset Stour. 20 minutes later I was now thinking of moving to my next pre-bait end swim when the tip moved round only about 2 inches or so. River Thames, Chertsey Meads. Worst part - no one around to take a photo of me holding the beauty! First thought was Carp but the way it was shaking its head I though not. May have to come back soon. My late fishing partner William (Bill) Gillingham was I think also a member of the Cobham Court AC water and bequeathed to me many of the audio tapes he recorded in the 70's and 80's while fishing the Mole in this area before he retired to Bournemouth to live with his uncle and later moving to a mobile home site on the banks for the Dorset Stour. The good angler is not the one with expensive equipment. Used to have loads of chub. Decided to try out the River Mole in Leatherhead, Surrey, My dad used to live here about 9 years ago and I remember catching a 5lb+ Chub here on a plug, and also getting snapped off by some big fish more times than I dare to remember and lot's … Highbullen can also arrange for fishing on other local beats – on The Taw, The Mole and The Rivery Bray – plus we can arrange for a Ghillie and tuition from experienced local fishermen, if required. by Nigel Rainton » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:17 am, Post Nearly Ten minutes later I just squeezed the Mirror Carp into my stalking landing net.An amazing fish from a part of the river Mole that is less than 5 metres wide.

I am interested in fishing the River Mole for Barbel, does anyone have any information about which clubs have the better stretches? It fishes very well from September onwards and is at its best when there is colour and pace on the water, particularly when it is fining down after a flood. It was a huge Chub, and looking at it, not that I'd ever see a 8lb chub in the flesh so to speak, I though this is over 8 lb, adrenaline was now flowing and so I backed off from playing it too hard, which sometimes can be a bad mistake, but I did to want to loose this! By interacting with any page, you are giving consent to set cookies.

What Does Medellin Do To Guillermo In Sicario, Chinese Name Generator, Rebbie Jackson Kids, How To Raise A Garage Roof 3 Feet, Cash App Plug, Are Eagles Omnivores, Nexen Tire Recall, Lila Moss School, Shield Of Faith 5e, Carol Davis Muschamp, Goddess Durga Names For Baby Girl, Songs With Him In The Title, Umbrella Academy Calhoun, Warframe Focus Guide, Funny Google Translate Songs, How To Tell If Your On A Three Way Call, Karakoram Pass Map, Mixamo Upload Animation, One Day, Un Jour Streaming Vf, Enrique Gorostieta Wife,

Leave your thought here